Well, day one of the fasting was as torturous as i expected, especially as i had some Treacle Tart left over in the fridge lol
Spent most of the day trying to clear a garage, so it was a good job that the meal i’d planned for this evening wasn’t something that took more than a couple of hours.
Inspired by Nigel Slaters Pork With Garlic and Oyster Sauce i made a stir fry
Pork Stir Fry
- 1 pork fillet/tenderloin cut into small pieces
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cucumber cut into juliennes
- 1 bag spinach
- 4 tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
- 1 pack fine egg noodles
- 1 pack bean sprouts
- 1 pack baby corn sliced
- Put a pan of water on to boil for the noodles.
- Fry the shallots and garlic in some oil in a wok then add the pork and brown.
- Put noodles into boiling water. Add the Oyster sauce, bean sprouts and baby corn to the pork and toss until everything is coated and bubbling.
- Add cucumber and spinach to the pork and fry until spinach is wilted then add the cooked noodles and toss to combine everything.
- Serve immediately.
I told The Hubster i was using Oyster Sauce and he wasn’t impressed lol, but enjoyed it once it was cooked. My daughter cleared her plate, and said it was lovely…but i won’t be telling her it was Oyster Sauce, she’ll be mortified 😉 Personally i love Oyster Sauce and also Thai Fish Sauce…once you get over the thoughts of what they’re made from 😉
I made Lemon Tart for dessert, even made my own pastry again…but i really could do with a food processor to make it easier. It was Nigel’s Lemon Tart recipe from The Kitchen Diaries. I didn’t have the problems he had (shrinkage so the filling comes out) but probably only because i didn’t put all the filling in…i was a bit panicked lol. So the lemon layer is only about 1cm thick and i have a jug of raw egg, lemon juice and cream in the fridge lol
Was bloody nice though….in fact, I’m off to get another slice, as i’ll be fasting again tomorrow 🙂
Are there any ingredients you don’t like the idea of?