Yesterday, we had a Chinese Takeaway for dinner. I really must get my front tooth fixed!(broken crown that I’ve not been abe to get properly fixed due to being ill) I had to resort to cutting up my Prawn Balls and the Fajita’s we had for dinner today *sighs*
Still, I’m sure i’ll manage the Creme Egg Brownies that i made this afternoon. I haven’t had one yet, but they have the thumbs up from The Fam 🙂
Which brings me nicely onto the subject of diets lol. We’ve decided to go back on the 5:2 Diet. Last year i lost 2 stones (28lbs) doing it for 6 months, but what with the house move and my new found love of baking, things are getting out of hand lol.
So for 3 days every week i’ll be fasting again, so I’m sorry to say, there will be no post here on those days. I won’t even be able to look at a cookery book, let alone talk about food on fasting days. Wish me luck 🙂
So this weeks meal planning takes the 5:2 into account and has seen me return To Nigel Slaters Kitchen Diaries. Don’t forget to check out MrsM’s Blog for more inspiration.
- Monday – Chicken Patties & Treacle Tart
- Tuesday – Fasting – Pizza for the kids
- Wednesday – Pork with Garlic (stir fry) & Lemon Tart
- Thursday – Fasting – Chicken Kievs for kids
- Friday – Takeaway
- Saturday – Slow Roast Lamb
- Sunday – Fasting – Pasta of some description for the kids
- PLUS – At least one loaf of bread from the bread maker
No cake this week *shock horror gasp* but 2 tarts instead, which no doubt will come with cream or custard…well, I’m easing myself into the diet gradually 😉
What are your food plans for the week?