Todays Rosti topped Chicken Pie was a success. I was bit worried…the recipe said to par boil the potatoes before grating them, but as i was up to my eyeballs making truffles (more about that tomorrow) i decided to just bung them on top of the pie filling and hope for the best lol. It was fine 😉
So bung any pie filling into a dish and grate potato on top as the crust. I used ordinary potatoes plus 2 Sweet ones i still had in the fridge. Just remember to add some salt and squeeze out all that juice before you bung it on top 😉 Next time i might add a bit of parsnip, or even butternut squash 🙂
Rather than do another bread today i went for
Cheese & Leek Muffins (from Great British Food Magazine)
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 finely sliced leek
- 100g grated cheddar
- pinch of pepper
- 175ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 large free range egg
- 50ml Rapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 200C and grease 12 muffin moulds.
- Combine flour, leek, chess and pepper in a large bowl. In a separate bowl (measuring jug IMO) mix together the milk, egg and oil then add to the dry ingredients and stir to form a lumpy batter.
- Fill muffin moulds with the mix and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
I have 2 complaints…
- They desperately needed salt and
- They weren’t very cheesy lol
So next time i might add some Parmesan, and definitely some salt 😉
Valentines day tomorrow so I’m off out for a date night…have a good one!
Are you doing anything for Valentines Day?