Chicken & Bacon Pasta Bake
- 1 Bag Penne pasta
- 1 Cooked Chicken
- 3 Waitrose Cheese Sauces for Pasta
- 1 Pack Streaky Smoked Bacon
- 1 Bag grated Mozarella
- Cook pasta in boiling water until tender. While its cooking chop the streaky bacon and fry until crispy.
- Drain pasta and put back in the saucepan. Add cheese sauces, bacon and meat from the chicken, mix and season.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and scatter cheese over.
- Bake in the oven until golden on top.
I served it with a bread from the machine. I thought i’d experiment with bread mixes, and this one sounded interesting…
Unfortunately, what sounded so promising ended up stinking the house out…too much garlic in my opinion 😦
For dessert we had Paul Hollywoods Heather Honey Sponge which teetered very closely to being a complete disaster lol. I steamed it for nearly 2 hours in the end (the recipe says 1 and 1/4 hours) and even then it wasn’t done…i ended up whacking it in the oven for 20 minutes lol. Which, come to think of it, wasn’t a bad idea because it gave the edges a slight crunch lol
Had it with Waitrose Madagascan Custard…what? Did you really think i’d make my own custard after cooking all that lot today? 😉
So why should i make my own custard when there are so many great pre-made ones available?